Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #323


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far!  I had a busy day yesterday.  I was on a field trip with Caleb's class.  It's always interesting going anywhere with Grade 6 students.  I find them quite intriguing.  The dynamics between the boys and the girls makes me laugh.  The girls look longingly at the boys and the boys look at the girls like they're all nuts!  Hopefully this is the last field trip I have to go on for a while!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the incredible Karren Johnson!  Karren has amazing colouring skills and her skills and creativity make me drool!  I'd love to go and visit her one day and learn from her!!!  Oh, and play with all her markers!

Karren's sketch threw me a little.  I don't know why.  I guess I was feeling a tad uncreative.  I had some retired Pop of Pink paper sitting on my craft table left over from camp last summer and decided that it would work to make some Valentine's Day cards.  These will probably be for my kids!  At least, they will be if I get another one made - otherwise it may just be for my hubby!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, White Glimmer
DSP: Pop of Pink (Retired)
Stamps: Bitty Banners (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Bitty Banners Confetti Cuts (Reverse Confetti), Ruffled Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created!

Have an amazing week!

Jen

9 comments:

  1. Sweet Valentine.....especially with the added sparkle! Hang on to your hat.....The fun starts at sixth grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jen! This is such a clean and sweet Valentine's card. Love these pink and white tiny hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card doesn't look uninspired at all, Jen! Those papers are gorgeous and this is a beautiful Valentine card that I'm sure any of your three boys would love to receive. And, by the way, you're welcome in my craft room any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these papers, and for some reason, the black makes it seem like a more masculine Valentine's card. It will be perfect for your hubby or your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Jen! Love the heart patterned paper! Perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty papers for this background - just right behind the little banner and the hint of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the pretty DP too! New Follower.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love everything about this sweet card! The DSP you've used are the perfect combo for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Valentine. I love the chocolately colors!

    ReplyDelete