Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #299


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We've had a great week so far.  Trevor was off yesterday and the boys and I went for a long bike ride to downtown Toronto. Nothing like being able to by right down by the CN Tower.  The waterfront trail is amazing and the breeze coming off the lake was fabulous!  Such a great morning!

We have a great sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the lovely Kim Singdahlsen.  Kim's cards are so fantastic.  I would love to go and hang out in her crafting space for a day!  I think she has the best stamps!

Kim's sketch is very versatile.  I of course didn't have a clue what to do.  This also is not my first card!!  Ha!  If you struggle making cards and following sketches, know you're not alone out there!  I love the new pinewood planks embossing folder and will probably use it as much as I use Wink of Stella (which I did not use on this card!).  I wanted to use some sequins and kinda picked the colours around the sequins.  The hearts started out as silver ones but they didn't show up enough so they were quickly swapped out for black!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Black Glimmer (non-SU)
Other: Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Heart Trio Punch (SU - retired), MFT Blueprints Dies, Sequins (SU), Smile Word Die (Lil Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created!  You won't be disappointed!

Have a fantastic day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. Love the textured background and the hearts as elements of the sketch! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart as the smaller element!! Perfect for a "smile" and the woodgrain is a fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plank background is a very cool look and your whole card has a very trendy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute way to use the sketch! I love the hearts, and I love that embossing folder too! So glad you are enjoying your Summer vacation as y'all had to wait so long for it to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just wonderful Jen! It really does make me smile with the gorgeous colours, sweet hearts and textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Jen! I love everything about it ! The Woogdgrain background, the red and black color palette, the big smile and thoses pretty hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card! You always hide your crafty struggles so well. I'd never guess this wasn't your first try! I love the colors and the bold sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never guess there was any struggle here! Love this interpretation with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete