Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #287


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week has started well!  The rain has finally stopped here and we are slowly drying out!  My parents and in-laws live in the Ottawa valley and the pictures from the flooding in their area is heart breaking.  I can't believe all the water the people there are having to contend with.  Hopefully over the next few days some of the water recedes and they get some reprieve!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of the amazing Jen Timko! Jen has such incredible talent!  She is fabulous at colouring and has some uber creative cards!  Head over to her blog and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about!

Jen's sketch is super versatile!  That long rectangle can be pretty much anything!  A die cut or DSP or even a stamped image!  The sky is the limit!  I went with a long strip of DSP since I had some siting on my desk and I just loved the Moroccan DSP!  I threw on some sequins, embossed my sentiment and voila!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay
DSP: Moroccan
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versamark
Other: Sequins, Gold Embossing Powder, Bitty Banners Die, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created!  You won't be disappointed!  I hope you'll join us this week!  We always love to see what you create!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. Pretty pattern......the gold embossing works perfectly! Glad the rain has stopped for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the flooding eases - it's not a nice thing at all to deal with. Your card, however, is beautiful! That patterned paper is the perfect way to showcase that vertical panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Jen! The paper you've used is a striking and the gold embossed sentiment is perfect for this paper. I hope everyone is coping with the flooding - it's not a nice thing - especially the clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dsp is a beautiful focal image! And I love the embossing. Such a pretty card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love how you used that DSP. Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. I hope your family is all safe. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful way to show off that lovely patterned paper! Just perfect for an elegant Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete