Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #277


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  I have recently been challenged to "declutter" my house over the next 40 days.  I'm not a big hoarder and don't have a lot of "excess" but I have taken on the challenge to "declutter" a space in the house for about 15 minutes each day.  We shall see how this goes.  I started in my closet today and I'm off to a good start.  I need to make a list though or this will not be a successful task!!!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  Our fabulous hostess is the one and only Jen Timko!  Jen's cards are so beautiful and inspiring and she's a whiz with Zig markers!  Head over to her blog and check them out!

I had a little trouble with the sketch.  I had a vision in mind but that's not exactly what ended up on paper!  I had wanted this to be a masculine card since I'm a little low (aka completely out) of anything masculine looking.  Unfortunately I can't resist Watermelon Wonder (at all) and I had to add the heart.  I just couldn't stop there and added some rhinestones and there went the masculinity!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder
DSP: Fox and Friends
Stamps: LJD Birthday Greetings
Other: Double Garland Banner Dies (Reverse Confetti), Blueprints Dies (MFT), Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team has created for you!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen


8 comments:

  1. Crisp and classy! Love the stripes and the sweet banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 minutes a day de-cluttering my house would take me years! Good luck in your mission! In the meantime, your card is so cute and the touch of colour in the hearts is the perfect look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that fun banner and the die cut sentiment strip!! Totally adorable!!

    As for de-cluttering-can you come over my house and help me? I am not a huge hoarder but I do have some areas I could improve upon. My craft room is one of them!! It is a MESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure men also love a bit of sweet color end some sparkling... Your card is beautiful and still masculine. I would love it even if I were a man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think hearts and rhinestones are just fine for a masculine card! The big stripes are perfect and the banner gives this just the right amount of "festive!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, I love the papers and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this can totally still be masculine. I love your colors and that fun banner!

    ReplyDelete